Special Waste Manifest & Instructions
ADEQ's Special Waste Manifest is available to download | View/Download >
The steps for completing the manifest are as follows:
- Enter the Manifest ID in the "No." box in the top right corner of the manifest
• The ID number should only be numeric, letters are not accepted
• The ID number should be 10 numbers in length, (example 0000000001, 1234567890)
• Each ID number should be unique to the manifest it is printed on for each company
(Example: Manifest A should not have the same ID number as Manifest J)
• Identification numbers may be preprinted on manifest or hand written, if hand written numbers must be legible
- Enter the Generator’s Arizona Special Waste ID (six-digit number starting with “3”) in box 1
- Enter the Emergency Response Notification phone no. in box 2
- Enter the Generator’s name and complete mailing address, including city, state and ZIP Code, along with the Generator’s 10-digit phone number in box 3
- Enter the Transporter’s name, Arizona Special Waste ID (six digit number starting with “3”) and 10-digit phone number in box 4
- Complete box 5 only if a second transporter is to be used to transport the special waste to the receiving facility
- Enter the name, address and physical site location of the primary special waste facility. In the appropriate spaces, include the facility’s Arizona ID and the 10-digit phone number.
- Enter the name, address and physical site location of the alternate special waste receiving facility. In the appropriate spaces, include the facility’s Arizona ID and the 10-digit phone number.
- Enter a complete description of each special waste. In the appropriate boxes, list the number and type of containers, total quantity and unit weight or volume.
DM – Metal Drum, barrels
DP – Plastic Drum, barrels
BA – Plastic Bags
(Specify any other type of container used if not listed here.)
- Use this space to indicate special transportation, treatment, storage, or disposal information. Emergency response telephone numbers or similar information may be included here in box 9.
- Enter the Generator’s name in box 10
- Enter the primary Transporter’s name in box 11 (manifest must be printed and signed/dated)
- Enter the secondary Transporter’s name in box 12 (manifest must be printed and signed/dated)
- Indicate significant discrepancies in box 13. A significant manifest discrepancy is defined as a difference of more than ten percent (10%) by weight for bulk shipments, any variation in a piece count for batch deliveries, or any difference in the type of special waste received as compared to the type of special waste listed on the manifest.
- Enter the Receiving Facility’s owner or operator name in box 14 (manifest must be printed and signed/dated)
- A signed copy of the manifest should retained by the Generator for their records
- The Generator must send a copy of the manifest, signed by the Generator and Transporter, to ADEQ within 14 days of the shipment
- A signed copy of the manifest should retained by Transporter for their records
- A signed copy of the manifest should retained by Receiving Facility for their records
- The receiving facility must send a compete manifest signed by the Generator, Transporter and Receiving Facility to the Generator and ADEQ within 30 days of delivery