On Dec. 20, 2022, the public comment period begins for the proposed inclusion of the revised statewide statute and rules for Agricultural Best Management Practices (AgBMPs) located at Arizona Revised Statutes § 49-457 and Arizona Administrative Code, Title 18, Chapter 2, Article 6 into the Arizona State Implementation Plan. The comment period ends Jan. 23, 2023.
Public Notice Information
The rule update fulfills commitments made in the Draft 2022 Serious Area Particulate Plan for PM-10 for the West Pinal County Nonattainment Area and demonstrates that the State of Arizona and Maricopa Association of Governments have the necessary programs to attain the National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS) for coarse particulate matter (PM-10) in the West Pinal Nonattainment Area by Dec. 31, 2026. The revised AgBMP statute and rules will be submitted to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for inclusion into the Arizona State Implementation Plan.
- Appendix A: 2021 Amendments to ARS 49-457 | View/Download >
- Appendix B: ARS 49-457 as Amended | View/Download >
- Appendix C: 2021 Amendments to AgBMP Rules | View/Download >
- Appendix D: AgBMP Rules as Amended | View/Download >
- Appendix E: Letter from Colleen McKaughan, Associate Director, Air Division, Environmental Protection Agency Region IX, to Timothy Franquist, Director, Air Quality Division, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, May 11, 2017 | View/Download >
- Appendix F: 2016 MAG Certification Letter | View/Download >
You may also review the above documentation in person at the ADEQ Record Center | Learn How >
Public Comment Period
Dates: Dec. 20, 2022 – Jan. 23, 2023
Comments may be submitted as follows:
By Email | Send Email >
By Mail (Must be postmarked or received by Jan. 23, 2023):
Air Quality Division
1110 W. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007
At Virtual Public Hearing | Jan. 23, 2023, 11 a.m. | View Hearing Information >