Rights of Small Businesses

Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) § 41-1001.01outlines notice requirements for all licenses, fees, inspections, rulemaking and written comments to which small businesses are entitled.
Know your rights | View 
ARS § 41-1001.01> 

How to file a complaint against ADEQ

You can file a complaint against ADEQ or an ADEQ employee by contacting the ADEQ Ombudsman. The mission of the Ombudsman is to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and responsiveness of the agency by responding to citizen complaints or requests for information about the agency or its services. Complaints can be submitted by:

Ph: 602-771-4322
       Toll Free - 1-800-234-5677

Fax: 602-771-2251
Email:  Send > 
Mail to:
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
Attn: Ombudsman
1110 W. Washington Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85007

How to file a complaint with the Ombudsman-Citizens Aide 

The Ombudsman-Citizens Aide serves as an independent agency to resolve citizen problems with state agencies in an independent, non-adversarial way. When a resident thinks they have been treated unfairly by a state agency, department, board or commission, and the person exhausts all administrative remedies, the person may seek the help of the Ombudsman, whose services are free and confidential. Complaints can be submitted by:

Ph: 602-277-7292
       Toll Free - 800-872-2879 (Does not work in Maricopa County)

Fax: 602-277-7312
Mail to:
3737 N. 7th Street, Suite 209
Phoenix, Arizona 85014

Submit Complaint Form >

View Ombudsman-Citizens' Aide Website >