Skip to main content

Permit(s) needed for a Septage Hauler


Permit(s) needed for a Septage Hauler

Revised On: May. 18, 2024 - 5:00 p.m.

A septage hauler is the transportation of septage that may require registration with the department. Septage includes sewage or human excreta removed from septic tanks or other onsite wastewater treatment facilities. These regulations help protect public health and safety by ensuring that these types of waste are managed and disposed of properly.

The following may be required when running a Septage Hauler in Arizona:

  • If you need to dispose of, store, or collect sewage, you may need a Septage Hauler Registration | Learn More > 

You may need all or some of the following permits:

Air Quality Permit Liaison
           Ph: 602-771-2338
          Email >

Water Quality Permit Liaisons
         For: Groundwater
                Ph: 602-771-0175
                Email >
         For: Drinking Water
               Ph: 602-771-7570
         For: Surface Water
                Ph: 602-771-1440
                Email >

Waste Permit Liaisons
         For: Solid and Biohazardous
                Ph: 602-771-4136
                Email >
         For: Hazardous Waste
                Ph: 602-771-0349
                Email >
         For: USTs
                Ph: 602-771-4196
                Email >