On June 13, 2022, the public comment period begins for the proposed State Implementation Plan Revision: Regional Haze Program (2018 – 2028). The comment period ends July 14, 2022.
Public Notice Information
On Jan. 10, 2017, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finalized changes to the Regional Haze Rule, which requires each state to submit periodic state implementation plan (SIP) revisions addressing regional haze visibility impairment. ADEQ is required under Arizona Revised Statutes § 49-458.01(A) to submit to the EPA administrator SIP revisions to address regional haze requirements. The proposed SIP revision demonstrates that the State of Arizona has met the requirements of the regional haze program for the second implementation period. ADEQ is requesting the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approve the proposed plan as a revision to the Arizona SIP.
You may also review the above documentation in person at any of the following locations:
- ADEQ Record Center | Learn How >
- Flagstaff City-Coconino County Public Library, 300 W. Aspen Ave., Flagstaff, AZ 86001
- Kearny Public Library, 912-A Tilbury Road, Kearny, AZ 85137
- Joel D Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave., Tucson, AZ 85701
- Sierra Vista Public Library, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
- Yuma Library, 2951 S. 21st Drive, Yuma, AZ 85364
Public Comment Period
Dates: June 13, 2022 – July 14, 2022
Comments may be submitted as follows:
By Email | Send Email >
By Mail (Must be postmarked or received by July 14, 2022):
Air Quality Division
1110 W. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007
At Virtual Public Hearing | July 14, 2022 | View/Register >