[ADEQ Forecasts] ADEQ Daily Air Quality Forecast - Saturday, November 26, 2011

forecasts@lists.azdeq.gov
Fri Nov 25 10:32:08 MST 2011

Health message for Friday, November 25: Unusually sensitive people
should consider limiting prolonged exertion outdoors.

Health message for Saturday, November 26: Unusually sensitive people
should consider limiting prolonged exertion outdoors.

Synopsis and Discussion
High pressure will be moving in to the region, keeping winds relatively
light and temperature slightly above normal for this time of year
through next week.  We'll see daytime temperatures in the mid to upper
70s with lows in the low 50s.  This ridge of high pressure will block
any rain from dropping into the forecast area for at least the next 7 to
10 days.

Air quality levels were pretty good on Thanksgiving.  We did see a
little impact from residential fireplace activity throughout the day.
South Phoenix had a spike at 9am and again between 3 and 7pm.  West
Phoenix saw its highest levels from 2-3am and again from noon to 1pm.
Glendale's highs were at midnight and again at noon.  This is not
unusual as festive fireplace activity tends to happen during holidays.
This is just a fraction of the levels we'll see a month from now during
Christmas Eve/Day and again on New Year's Eve/Day.  Expected to see low
Moderate levels of PM2.5 to continue through Sunday, improving as the
regular work week resumes on Monday.

Check back on Sunday for the latest.  Until then, have a great weekend!
-J.Paul

For more information, please visit our Web page:
www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/ozone/ensemble.pdf

For transportation alternatives:
www.valleymetro.org

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forecast please
contact:

Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
Office of Communications
1110 W. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602) 771-2215
ms15@azdeq.gov