[ADEQ Forecasts] ADEQ Daily Air Quality Forecast - Friday, November 18, 2011

forecasts@lists.azdeq.gov
Thu Nov 17 10:25:21 MST 2011

Health message for Thursday, November 17: Unusually sensitive people
should consider limiting prolonged exertion outdoors.

Health message for Friday, November 18: Unusually sensitive people
should consider limiting prolonged exertion outdoors.

Synopsis and Discussion
Another weather changer is on its way, expected to approach Arizona
Friday.  However, it won't fully move through the region until Monday of
next week.  We'll see winds increase slightly along with cloud cover
Friday through next Tuesday.  Unfortunately, this system will dip a bit
too far south to bring our forecast area much rain if any at all.
Daytime temperatures will drop from the upper 70s Thursday and Friday to
the upper 60s Saturday and possibly the mid 60s on Sunday.  Overnight
temperatures will remain in the upper 40s in the outer-lying areas to
the mid 50s downtown.

Air Quality levels won't be impacted too much.  The biggest threat will
come from residential fireplace and outdoor fire pit activity as the
temperatures cool off.  However, we're not anticipating any pollution
levels threatening the health standard through the weekend.

Check back tomorrow for closer look at the weekend's weather and air
quality.  Until then, have a good day!  -J.Paul

For more information, please visit our Web page:
www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/ozone/ensemble.pdf

For transportation alternatives:
www.valleymetro.org

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forecast please
contact:

Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
Office of Communications
1110 W. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602) 771-2215
ms15@azdeq.gov