[ADEQ Forecasts] ADEQ Daily Air Quality Forecast - Wednesday, July 27, 2011

forecasts@lists.azdeq.gov
Tue Jul 26 11:55:36 MST 2011

Health message for Tuesday, July 26: Unusually sensitive people should
consider limiting prolonged exertion outdoors.

Health message for Wednesday, July 27: Unusually sensitive people should
consider limiting prolonged exertion outdoors.

Synopsis and Discussion
It's been a long time coming, but PM10 concentrations are finally in the
lower GOOD range thanks to the Valley-wide rain event on Sunday.  The
weather pattern is shifting once again as a trough of low pressure to
the west sags over northwest Arizona.  This will give us a break from
the Monsoon Tuesday through Thursday.  This means that we can expect
particulate levels to remain in the GOOD range during this period.  By
Friday, however, high pressure fights back, pushing west into Arizona.
This will turn the flow out of the southeast, drawing streaming moisture
northwest from Mexico into the forecast area.  Thunderstorms that
originate in southeastern Arizona could generate some blowing dust that
may impact our forecast area once again Friday through Sunday.
Fortunately, much of the desert between Tucson and Phoenix has seen at
least some rain in the past few weeks.  This should limit the amount of
airborne dust due to thunderstorm outflow.

Ozone hit the middle part of the MODERATE range at a couple monitors in
the northeast part of the forecast area.  Lower concentrations are
expected today, mid MODERATE levels on Wednesday and possibly the upper
part of that range on Thursday and Friday as winds shift out of the
south and then southeast.  For now, no health messages are being issued.

Check back tomorrow for the latest.  Until then, have a good day!
-J.Paul

For more information, please visit our Web page:
www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/ozone/ensemble.pdf

For transportation alternatives:
www.valleymetro.org

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forecast please
contact:

Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
Office of Communications
1110 W. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602) 771-2215
ms15@azdeq.gov