[ADEQ Forecasts] ADEQ Daily Air Quality Forecast For Thursday, February 12, 2009

forecasts@lists.azdeq.gov
Wed Feb 11 12:40:14 MST 2009

For more information, please visit our Web page:
http://www.azdeq.gov/ensemble.pdf

For transportation alternatives:
http://www.valleymetro.org

Health message for Wednesday, February 11, 2009: No health impacts are expected.

Health message for Thursday, February 12, 2009: No health impacts are expected.

Synopsis and Discussion
It's pretty chilly in the wake of the last system.  Afternoon desert temperatures are not likely to reach the 70s until at least the middle of next week.  The general weather pattern has set up in such a way that we can expect a disturbance ever three to four days through next week.  A wind-producing system is the next one to impact Arizona on Thursday.  Lacking moisture, the resulting winds will help evaporate some of the remaining puddles from this past weekend's rain.  This will be followed by larger system Saturday through next Monday.   Most of the expected rain will come towards the end of the weekend. However, the latest 12Z (5am) model runs have significantly reduced the amount of rain to less than a tenth of an inch.  We're very aware of the model's inconsistencies this past season handling moisture.  We'll have a much better idea of what will happen as the event gets closer.

Air quality was great on Tuesday.  Not much change is expected the next few days.  We could see PM-10 concentrations increase a bit with the afternoon winds evaporating the surface moisture which is holding the dust down.  Otherwise, enjoy the fresh air!  Check back tomorrow for any changes in the weather or air quality.  Until then, have a good day!

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forecast please contact:
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
Office of Communications
1110 W Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602) 771-4583
communications@azdeq.gov

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR
CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential under state and federal law.  This information
may be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be
subject to penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the
information in this e-mail and its attachments. If you have received this e-
mail in error, please immediately notify the person named above by reply e-
mail, and then delete the original e-mail.  Thank you.