[ADEQ Forecasts] ADEQ Issues High Pollution Advisory for tomorrow, June 12, 2008

forecasts@lists.azdeq.gov
Wed Jun 11 12:11:24 MST 2008

http://www.azdeq.gov/ensemble.pdf

For transportation alternatives:
http://www.valleymetro.org

Health message for Wednesday, June 11:  Unusually Sensitive People
should consider limiting prolonged exertion outdoors.

Health message for Thursday, June 12:  Active children and adults and
people with respiratory disease such as asthma should limit prolonged
outdoor exertion.

Synopsis and Discussion
*AN OZONE HIGH POLLUTION ADVISORY IS BEING ISSUED FOR THURSDAY, JUNE 12,
2008*
Not too bad... There were only two ozone exceedances in the local
forecast area on Tuesday, and with overnight winds, concentrations are
down about 15 parts per billion at almost every site compared to the
same time yesterday.  This means there's a good chance that there won't
be any additional exceedances on Wednesday.  Now for the bad news...
Alamo Lake, a monitor located in La Paz County northwest of the Phoenix
forecast area also exceeded the 8-hr health standard on Tuesday.  This
tells us that there is still ample ozone and precursors to our west.
With high pressure returning to the region Thursday through the weekend,
we will see a significant warm up under mostly sunny skies.  Light
westerly winds will only aid the precursors in moving over the Valley.
Combined with our own additional pollution, we're likely going to see
some more exceedances on Thursday, primarily in the northern and eastern
parts of the Valley.  Thus, we are issuing an Ozone High Pollution
Advisory for Thursday, which could possibly be extended into Friday with
little change to the weather pattern.  Check back tomorrow for the
latest.  Have a good day!  -J.Paul

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR
CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential under state and federal law.  This information
may be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be
subject to penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the
information in this e-mail and its attachments. If you have received this e-
mail in error, please immediately notify the person named above by reply e-
mail, and then delete the original e-mail.  Thank you.