[ADEQ Forecasts] ADEQ Daily Air Quality Forecast For Friday, February 08, 2008

forecasts@lists.azdeq.gov
Thu Feb 7 14:09:50 MST 2008

For more information, please visit our Web page:

http://www.azdeq.gov/ensemble.pdf

Health message for Thursday, Feb 7: Unusually sensitive people should consider limiting prolonged outdoor exertion.

Health message for Friday, Feb 8: Unusually sensitive people should consider limiting prolonged outdoor exertion.

Synopsis and Discussion

Finally!  Afternoon desert temperatures above normal are expected Friday through next week.  The normal high for today is 70°F which we well not reach, but by Sunday we could see a high of 76°F!  High pressure over the southwest U.S. will remain in control through much of next week.  This means that the atmosphere will be rather stable with little mixing.  As a result, particulate levels will continue climb without any significant winds to disperse the accumulating pollutants.  Fine Particulates (PM2.5) have already found their way into the "Moderate" range at Phoenix Supersite.  The other monitors will likely follow in the next day or so.  No health advisories are being issued at this time, but if forecast models hold up and the weather pattern remains fairly persistent, next week could be interesting.  Check back tomorrow for your weekend outlook.  Have a good day!  -J.Paul

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR
CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential under state and federal law.  This information
may be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be
subject to penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the
information in this e-mail and its attachments. If you have received this e-
mail in error, please immediately notify the person named above by reply e-
mail, and then delete the original e-mail.  Thank you.