[ADEQ Forecasts] ADEQ Daily Air Quality Forecast for Sat., June 16

forecasts@lists.azdeq.gov
Fri Jun 15 11:59:13 MST 2007

For more information, or if you have problems viewing the image, please visit our Web page:

http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/ozone/ensemble.pdf

VERY UNHEALTHY  (201-300)

UNHEALTHY (151-200)

UNHEALTHY FOR SENSITIVE GROUPS (101-150)

MODERATE (51-100)

GOOD (0-50)

For more information visit:

http://www.epa.gov/airnow/aqibroch

*LINK TO EXCEEDANCE & HEALTH STATEMENT INFO FOR THE 2005-06 & 2006-07 FORECAST SEASONS* <http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/ozone/pmstats.pdf>

AIR QUALITY FORECAST FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 16, 2007

This report is updated by 1:00 p.m. Sunday thru Friday and is valid

for areas within and bordering Maricopa County in Arizona

FORECAST

UDATE

NOTICES

(*SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS)

AIR POLLUTANT

YESTERDAY

THU 06/14/2007

NONE

Highest AQI Reading/Site

(Preliminary data only)

TODAY

FRI 06/15/2007

OZONE HEALTH

WATCH

TOMORROW

SAT 06/16/2007

NONE

EXTENDED

SUN 06/17/2007

NONE

1BO3*

82

RIO VERDE

92

MODERATE

74

MODERATE

82

MODERATE

2BCO*

7

MULTIPLE SITES

13

GOOD

10

GOOD

12

GOOD

3BPM-10*

67

WEST 43RD

65

MODERATE

46

GOOD

48

GOOD

4BPM-2.5*

47

PHOENIX SUPERSITE

42

GOOD

38

GOOD

38

GOOD

* O3 = Ozone      CO = Carbon Monoxide      PM-10 = Particles 10 microns & smaller      PM-2.5 = Particles smaller than 2.5 microns

*"Ozone Health Watch" means that the highest concentration of OZONE may approach the federal health standard.

"PM-10 or PM-2.5 Health Watch" means that the highest concentration of PM-10 or PM-2.5 may approach the federal health standard.

"High Pollution Advisory" means that the highest concentration of OZONE, PM-10, or PM-2.5 may exceed the federal health standard.

"DUST" means that short periods of high PM-10 concentrations caused by outflow from thunderstorms are possible.

Health message for Friday, June 15:U  Unusually Sensitive people should consider limiting prolonged outdoor exertion.

Health message for Saturday, June 16:U  Unusually Sensitive people should consider limiting prolonged outdoor exertion.

24BUSynopsis and Discussion

*AN OZONE HEALTH WATCH REMIANS IN EFFECT FOR FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2007*

Ozone levels have risen over the past few days as high pressure sits to the west of the forecast area.  This pressure system has steered former ozone and precursors from southern California into our forecast area.  With afternoon temperatures near 110°F Friday and Saturday, this trend should continue.  If fact, by Sunday, high pressure will begin to set up near the Four Corners region.  By the middle of next week we will start to see dewpoints increase a bit as high pressure strengthens without moving much from the Four Corners.  If you've been in Arizona for a few summers, you know what this usually means... the Monsoon season is just a couple weeks away!  The Arizona monsoon is marked with a directional shift in wind pattern from westerly to easterly or southeasterly all day long.  Increased moisture plus the heat and orographic lift (air rising up the mountainsides) means strong thunderstorm potential.  Air quality-wise, this wind shift is significant in that we almost always see an ozone exceedance or levels approaching the health standard when the winds at all levels turn out of the east.  Thus, we are keeping a very close eye on this high pressure system and where it will be over the next few days.  Check back Sunday for a look at your coming workweek's weather and air quality.  Happy Father's Day and have a great weekend!  -J.Paul

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is privileged and confidential under state and federal law.  This information may be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be subject to penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the information in this e-mail and its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the person named above by reply e-mail, and then delete the original e-mail.  Thank you.