[Dwopcert] Employment Opportunity - City of Tucson
Mon Sep 11 11:57:11 MST 2006
Please do not reply to this message. Replies will not be answered. Please refer to the body of the e-mail for contact information.
WATER OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT
Tucson Water Departmentt
Grade: 817 Salary: $56,368 - $94,702 Annually ~ Salary depending on experience ~
GREAT OPPORTUNITIES AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS ! ! !
The Water Quality Division of the Tucson Water Department is seeking a professional to effectively manage personnel and direct daily water systems, and recharge and recovery operations. This individual will identify, investigate and resolve operational and personnel problems and coordinate and monitor programs and budgets.
Some examples of the essential tasks are:
* Oversees the operation of treatment and distribution of potable and non-potable water.
* Ensures that section operations conform with local, state and federal government regulations and other applicable rules and requirements including compliance reporting.
* Closely monitors USEPA superfund site and operation and maintenance of the facility.
* Develops strategic partnerships with community representatives, agencies and other organizations to develop a sense of relevant issues facing the community and to respond as a representative of the City.
* Develops and administers the section budget with staff assistance.
* Supervises employees who perform 24-hour shift coverage.
Bachelor's degree in Hydrology or a related field plus five years supervisory experience directing programs and budgets and managing daily water systems such as wells, booster stations and reservoirs, water treatment facilities, recharge and recovery operations. Experience with utilizing a computer maintenance management system (CMMS) preferred but not required; or related equivalent experience and training that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties.
Arizona certifications required upon hire: ADEQ Water Distribution System Operator, Grade IV; Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade IV; and Wastewater Treatment Operator, Grade III. A valid driver's license is also required.
ONLY ACCEPTING ONLINE APPLICATIONS FROM:
SEPTEMBER 10, 2006 - SEPTEMBER 24, 2006
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
To be considered for this position, a completed application profile and supplemental must be submitted online by 5:00 PM on the closing date. Applications will be screened for minimum qualifications; qualified candidates will be rated on their training and experience as detailed in their responses to supplemental questions. The most qualified candidates will be invited to an oral board interview. Those scoring highest will be placed on a hiring list to be reviewed by the hiring department. All applicants will be notified of results by e-mail.
More information about the Dwopcert