Note: Check your renewal application notice for "Emissions Test Required". If MVD has not included this statement,
you are not required to test your vehicle this year.
If your vehicle has been registered in Arizona for more than a year, you will need only the following:
If your vehicle is being registered in Arizona for the first time, in addition to the above, you will need:
- The appropriate test fee (see Testing Costs)
- For a retest after an initial failure, bring the original vehicle inspection report with repair information completed on the back
(inspection station personnel are prohibited from retesting a vehicle without the completed information);
- Key for locking gas tank.
- The previous year vehicle registration, title, bill of sale
Vehicles presented at an inspection station will be emissions tested. We will not question you as to the reason for testing your vehicle.
Tests are performed on a “fee for service” basis, and test fees will not be refunded if your vehicle did not require testing.
- Visit www.myazcar.com
for station wait times before going for emission testing
- If your “check engine” light is on you will fail emissions inspection. Please see a mechanic to have car repaired before going
for emission inspection.
- If your vehicle does not have a gas cap it will fail the inspection.
- Only 1996 and newer light duty gasoline vehicles can use OBD (On Board Diagnostics, or vehicle’s computer) express lanes.