|Welcome to the Air Quality Division
The mission of the Air Quality Division is to protect and enhance public health and the environment by controlling present and future sources of air pollution. Director: Eric Massey; Deputy Director: Trevor Baggiore.
Our core responsibilities include:
- Collecting quality assured and precision ambient air monitoring and management of those data;
- Preparing pollution forecasts to help people limit their exposure to air pollution and air pollution sources to manage their emissions;
- Conducting and collaborating on research and analyses to evaluate pollution sources and their impacts on public health and welfare;
- Investigating complaints and violations of, and achieving compliance with Arizona's air pollution laws;
- Issuing permits to industries and other facilities, and for open burning activities that protect public health and welfare;
- Operating and maintaining accurate, convenient, and affordable vehicle emissions inspections programs;
- Developing air quality plans and rules through partnerships, collaboration and public involvement.